Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday Tell All....

What is your favorite quote?

"When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy them by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it!" ~Edgar Watson Howe

I love this quote because everyone always says 'let me know if I can do anything' I know I say that to people as well, and I really mean it, but being ohttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifn the other end it's really hard sometimes to ask for things or even know what I really need or want! This quote really helped me just think of stuff to do for my friends when they were sick or had a new baby, I would just put together a gift basket or show up at their house and clean something etc... and now being on the other end where I do need things but hate asking so much it would be really nice to just have people do things because they care not because I asked, also somethings you may need but don't know it or it's silly to ask, example: just getting cards or emails from people would be nice but if my neighbor asked if there is anything I can do for you it would feel weird saying, a card or email would be nice! Sorry I don't know where I'm going with this anymore, I love this quote and hope you do too.

Check out other Tuesday Tell All participants: Wendi, Heather, , Sue, Chrissy, Kara, Crystal, Paige, Aimee.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVE this quote!!! Now that I have this wonderful quote to refer and remind me, I will try to "do" something rather than "say" something. Thank you for this today!

Wendi said...

That's awesome! Thanks!

kasi said...

AWESOME quote. This is a great reminder. Thank you.

kara jayne said...

You are SO right! I am going to try to do that from now on. Because like you said, I really do mean it when I say that to people. Now I'll just do it instead!

Anonymous said...

I have this post in my head kinda about this same thing. About how going through all this has made me conscious of how hard asking can be and how I want do be a doer and offer things and not need to be asked. It is so true!

Jill said...

That's definitely a great quote, but is so hard to do. We all offer to help each other, and would respond positively if called, but getting the idea, making the time and effort to go and actually do something is an acquired talent. It's good to know that cards and emails would be welcomed, I tend to feel that way too.