Okay so I have a little problem here and I would like you my blogging friends to help me understand it. If a blog is not private then anyone can read it right? and then that means it's open to comments too right? I would not have the great blog friends I have today if I didn't read blogs and start commenting! I never would have met Chrissy and we wouldn't have gotten together today and had a blast (I need to download the pics).
So I received a comment telling me to not comment on their blog anymore!!! And I never said anything rude or out of line, I would just say stuff like 'cute bedroom' etc... Why should I be cut off? Why not just delete the comment if you don't like me, why don't you like me? if you don't know me, read my blog! I'm so confused, I'm putting myself out there and in return get told not too! I guess she wouldn't make a good blogging friend! I just saw that see said that other friends made their blog private because I was leaving comments! Wow! I didn't know I had so much power, or that I was scaring people!!!! Do you think I'm a freak? I just want to get to know people. I have found from friends of friends, if you don't want people to find your blog don't let your friends put your link up! And have a private blog!
I love all you who do read and comment on my blog, and I am flattered when new people comment and hope to get to know more bloggers. Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know me, I hope I'm not annoying you or freaking you out.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Blogging is a strange new world with all kinds of undefined etiquette, isn't it?
I don't understand the protocol for commenting at new sites either. But I personally never been disappointed by a kind comment.
I'd say keep commenting (well, not to that one person) and keep enjoying the outlet blogging gives!
There is nothing wrong with you. I think you are the nicest person and I love your blog. I don't understand why people do things sometimes. I comment on people's blog I don't know and I think as long as it is kind its okay. Maybe there are etiqutte rules I don't know about yet? All I know is I love it when I get nice comments and get to meet to people. Don't let her bother you. Your just a more seasoned blogger! I had a good time with you today thanks for coming with me.
Ditto. There's lots of "undefined etiquette" as kelly said, and I too am just trying to figure things out. I have a private blog but it has nothing to do with wanting to keep everyone out, but my own privacy things (1) and teaching my kids about Internet safety (2). But my sisters and I have a book blog and that's not private. Just a couple of people I don't know have made comments on it lately. It was started just for me and my sisters to have a place to exchage books and ideas, but when others commented on it, I was actually kind of flattered that people found our site and thought we were giving them good ideas! And the same with my own site...Even though it's private, I LOVE it when people comment. To piggyback what kelly and chrissy said, it is always nice to get a kind comment. Of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with you! I'm glad I met you and you are part of my blogging friends! :-)
That is a low blow- so sorry! The only "etiquette" I have heard is that people like to know where you are coming from. Like if I follow a link to Chrissy's site from your sidebar and decide to comment on a post of hers for the first time, I would say that I linked to her through you, etc. Otherwise it can kinda feel random. BUT- most people in this whole circle are connected and like comments much more than the lurkers. Just read the post on Jill's side bar about to comment or not to comment. You are not weird.
That weird. Well "to each his own" I guess. I think you're darling and I LOVE your comments on my blog, so please don't ever stop.
I love comments. Keep coming to visit me. I like getting comments from new people, and going to their blog to see who they are.
I am actually much more comfortable with having new people come and comment than thinking about lurkers who don't comment. In fact, I think it is much more polite to say 'hi, I'm here' then nothing at all.
It's not you, it's her.
Yeah, I agree with the general consensus. That's just WEIRD. So she's weird, not you. And I know it's none of my business but I can't help wondering who it was!! I keep thinking.. Why would someone do that? It makes no sense.
and I love your dogs. Seriously considering a Puggle.
I just linked to you through my sister, Marie, and what a post to stumble across for a first time visit! Are you kidding??? I can't imagine such a thing. I say forget about it and keep enjoying your blogging and commenting, I don't think that individual speaks for most bloggers.
I have never heard of such a thing, that's truly rude and bizarre. Good riddance I say.
Okay, I must post. I cannot believe that someone would dislike getting a kind comment on their post. Isn't part of the reason people blog is to share their thoughts and insights with other people? I wouldn't let one negative response cause you to stop commenting on people's blogs. I've enjoyed seeing your comments on some of the blogs I read.
Post a Comment