Saturday, September 8, 2007

A little clarity

I just want to clarify that I don't mind the stares I get, everyone stares at me, I know I'm different! It's funny how adults think you don't know that they took a stare at me but when you are the person being stared at you know!!!!!! It's fine, I do take it as a learning opportunity, that way when they see others with oxygen it won't be so new to them! And all the little kids that stare (and boy when you go to church that a lot!) I tell them it helps me breathe so then they know what it's for and it isn't some freaky thing. So I do tolerate (you never get use to it or like it) but when I was just standing there and the boy stood just a foot or so in front of me and openly (like he stuck his neck out a little and his mouth opened just a tad) stared and more than just a second, I felt it rude, and a violation of my private space. And to be so old I just wondered if he parents had taught him not to stare.

This reminds me we went to a little burger joint and my husband went to the counter to get our order and this weird (yes weird, old and funny lookin') guy yells across the way 'how long you gotta year that?' I politely said 'all the time' and looked away I don't want to 1)engage in conversation with this guy and 2)talk about my oxygen! He said something like 'it didn't work for me' I was just praying for my husband to come back. And you really want stares, wait till you park in the handicap parking!!!! That will get you stares!

Oh what a wonderful world we live in!lol

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to comment on the PIF blog but will probably not get around to doing and don't want to mess it up. BUT I wanted to wish you well and hope that your faith keeps growing. (I linked to you from Dancing QUeen's blog) I don't know how I found her either but I love this blogging world. good luck and take good care of yourself

Marie said...

I love the handicapped parking pass! My mother has some major issues health wise, so I grew up getting the great parking spot all the time. I was never embarrassed by it. I thought it was awesome.