I am posting quotes because I don't know what to write today and I have this old little notebook of quotes that I want to get on the computer so I don't lose them, I've struggled today with the feeling of 'I want to be my old self again' and I don't really want to go into that because I need to move on, I won't ever be like that again, I liked who I was, okay maybe it's not who I was but I liked what I was able to do, I cooked, cleaned, had a job, cut hair at home, went Visiting Teaching and to Enrichment, went to bookclub, had friends that we hung out with, went walking daily with a lady, ran errands, took my dog (at that time I only had one, poor Texas has never had me take her for a walk!) for a walk daily, I was busy! I was always doing stuff, my husband would tell people that I had ADD because I was always doing something, even watching tv or a movie I was cross-stitching or something! I miss that girl! But I need to move on, I feel like I've accepted the way that I am but maybe I haven't. I use the word 'but' too much. Every time I try and say okay, I am going to be better, I guess I just need to learn a new me because there is no way I can do what I did! I mean I can barely clean one room in my house daily! That is my goal is to do at least one thing daily, I guess I just wish I could do more, I get all excited and pumped, I say I am going to do more tomorrow, but I just can't! Really! I don't have good lung capacity and get so short of breath, all I did was vacuum the hall and bedroom (small) and I was totally out of breath! then I rest and try and get up and do some laundry but it seems like I get short of breath faster as the day goes on! I don't know, I use to be so optimistic, I miss it.
Okay, this post isn't suppose to be sad or poor me, that's not what I wanted! So here are the quotes I found:
"Beware of no one more than of yourself; we carry our worst enemies within us."
~Charles Spurgeon
"In order to plan our future wisely, it is necessary that you understand and appreciate your past."
~Jo Coudert
"It is not an easy world to live in. It is not an easy world to be decent in. It is not an easy world to understand oneself in, nor to like oneself in. But it must be lived in, and in the living there is one person you absolutely have to be with."
~Jo Coudert
"Feeling sorry for yourself,, and your present condition, is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have."
~Dale Carneige
"Success, if it is to be meaningful, must be a personal thing."
"A successful life will have its days or even years of failure....which bear testimony to the fact that success isn't easy."
"I had the blues because I had no shoes. Until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet."
"We seldom think of what we have but always of what we lack."
~Schopenhauer
"There are seeds of self-destruction in all of us that will bear only unhappiness if allowed to grow."
~Dorothea Brande
"A fellow must know where he wants to go, if he is going to get anywhere. It is so easy to drift along. The people who go places and do things make the most of every situation. They are ready for the next thing that comes along on the road to their goal. They know what they want and are willing to go an extra mile."
~Dr. William Menninger
Wow, okay all those were meant for me today!!!!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thanks for sharing. I love reading good quotes!
Good quotes are good for the soul. And I don't think they were just meant for you! We all can do well to remember those great words of wisdom. I like to remember sometimes the words I heard someone say once: At any given moment everyone is doing the best they can. If they could be doing better, they would be. We would all do better to look at the world through those eyes--we are always doing the best we can, not seeking to do the worst--and the best we can is truly the best.
Thanks again.
What a great quotes post!!!!!
Those are some great quotes- thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment