Sunday, January 20, 2008

A New Me!


So what have I been doing that I haven't been posting????? I have been working on a new me. Trying to be a little better. I am trying to not watch so much tv (evenings are the hardest) and fill the time with good books and listening to good talks given, I have downloaded a ton of BYU Devotional and Women's conference talks, I was even able to download a talk given in 1949 by Pres. George Albert Smith! And one in the same year by Pres. Joseph Fielding Smith, how cool is that! It was so cool to hear their voice, it was a little crackly and you could tell it wasn't very good technology but I just thought it was cool.

I have started a cross-stitch that my husband got me for christmas two years ago! it is my favorite painting by Greg Olsen, to be honest I am intimated by it! it's huge! I have never done one that big! I like these little projects that I do (like the bookmarkers) because I finish them fast! But I think I will feel better about me and my time (not as lazy, refer to a few posts back) if I have something to show for it, besides it is better to cross-stitch while I listen to the talks then to play Sudoku!!!

I also am reading Be of Good Cheer by Marvin J. Ashton, what a great book!!!! I need to do a post on it. I also started a book called Please Pass the Scriptures by John Hilton III, it is also a great book, about getting more out of scripture study which I need to work on.

So just trying to be a little better, which should include blogging! I did take pictures on friday my brother and his friend came to visit me and they made me dinner! I will post tomorrow. And a story about Texas... I hope ya'll can view the movie(that's in the previous post, the dogs playing tug o' war).

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's a whole lot of uplifting! Good for you and good for your soul. You are such a great example for enriching yourself!

donna said...

Good for you girl!!! I think it is great that you are reading more. I have been reading more. There are so many wonderful books :)

HAve a great MONDAY!