As Marie pointed out I have a lot of health books, I was really into Herbs, Juicing, etc.. still am a little. I believe that there are things like herbs that are made for the body and can help our bodies, that doesn't mean I believe we can cure stuff, just help our bodies maintain the amazing 'machines' that they are. I also believe the mind is a big part of health. Now it may seem funny to some that I am so into natural healing or whatever with the health that I have, like I said it can't cure stuff, I have Cystic Fibrosis and it is genetic, nothing will cure that (although gene therapy has come a long way) and the stuff that I'm dealing with now Hemoptysis (coughing up blood) well I have tried to help my body with herbs etc... but it just hasn't been able to stop my bronchial arteries from bleeding which has caused me to have lots of surgeries (13 to date in 5 years plus I had a upper lobectomy last feb.) which has resulted in me losing a lot of lung function (which is hard to get back) I also have an extra 'bug' which makes me resistant to most antibiotics.
I don't know if that made sense or what but I just want to say I believe we can all help and strengthen our bodies by taking in what is good and doing things that are good. My two favorite books are 10 essential foods which talk about the 10 best foods we should be eating and why and what they do for us and then 10 natural remedies that will save your life, it just says stuff that we know we should be doing like drinking water, getting sunshine, but it tells us why it's so important and how it helps our bodies. The lady that wrote 10 essential foods also has 10 essential herbs and that is a very good book too. Also the second book him and his wife wrote a book Perscription for natural healing which is really good, goes through every single supplement out there and also all different ailments/conditions (yes they even have CF) and tell what helps and why, very good, I do have that book and am keeping it.

1 comment:
I've been wanting to read up on being more healthy! Great!
And yes, I can run over there!
Post a Comment