Sunday, January 6, 2008

HOPE


In a devotional address Pres. Ezra Taft Benson gave to college students he gave a list of his hope's for them, I just wanted to post it here because I think it's cool to see what the Prophet hopes for us and it would be a great list to share with your children.
I share with you my hope for you:

I hope that you learn through your struggles the joy of achievement.

I hope that you recognize in the gospel of Jesus Christ a solution to our problems, temporal and spiritual.

I hope that you marry well, live together in love, rear a family in righteousness, and have joy and rejoicing in your posterity.

I hope that you follow the example and counsel of him whom the Lord has appointed as prophet, seer, and revelator.

I hope that you learn the joy of work, the ability to postpone wants, and the economic independence not to be a slave to any man.

I hope that you keep yourselves clean morally and spiritually, that your confidence will wax strong in the presence of God, as the scriptures say, and the Holy Ghost will be your constant companion (see D&C 121:45–46).

I hope that you will be united in philosophy, purpose, and action to the laws of the celestial kingdom.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

That is so sweet!

Emilee said...

I love this, I am so going to have to share this with my Young Women.