I use to put the tree up the night of Thanksgiving or at least that weekend, we have a little five foot one we bought the first year we were married, I use white lights and have purple and gold ornaments to have some order and then my husband has over 30 that he as aquired while growing up, it's a tradition in their family to receive an ornament every year, after we were married his Mom told me I was in charge of purchasing them for him now. I have loved picking out things that mean something to him.
I love decorating for the holidays, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to do that this year, one my health and two my dogs! This will be the second year that I haven't put up our christmas tree because of the dogs, I thought of putting it behind Texas´ pen but then I thought, why bother? we aren't getting any presents. So I just put up our little tree and some stuff next to it, I am not a crafty person don't look at it too closely! I put some of my husbands ornaments in there too. Here is my meager decorating!!!

5 comments:
Hey thanks for the nice comments on my hair. When I was getting it done I actually wondered if you would like it.
My husband has a boxful of ornaments from his childhood too. You are a better wife than I am though, because his stay in the box. I like pretty, co-ordinating trees. Poor Dirk.
YOur house looks great.
It looks lot like Christmas in your house. :)
I have had small trees like that before. They are just as festive, when that's all you can do.
Fun ornaments!
I just wanted to tell you that you are such an amazing person. Thankyou for sharing your thoughts, hopes and fears with all of us!
Brenley
I so wish I could see your pictures but for some reason I can't!
We still only have the little five foot tree and it works for us! Its goofy and crooked but it's ours!
Great TTA!
Post a Comment