Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Family History....

Okay I just spent the last twenty mins. writing the history with his parents and this house and I still was at the beginning, it's a long story! Okay now I'm regretting deleting it because I feel like one in order for you to know where I'm coming from you need to know what has happened! And also to make sure it isn't me going crazy but to show you that she isn't nice! then again it will show that we should have never moved in with in-laws. I don't know, I just don't feel like they believe us when we tell them that 1- we are so eternally grateful for their help and 2-we are doing everything we can and there is no way we can pay rent! I really honestly feel like I am a burden to them then a daughter-in-law (at the beginning I felt like a daughter to them, they only have two boys, the other isn't married so I was the daughter she never had, but a couple years ago I stopped feeling that and felt more like a daughter-in-law and now I feel like a big burden!) I have tried to see if I can do something from home but I can't! My husband (MH) is doing everything he can. Hmm...maybe I can't write this, I keep erasing, it's just hard to say what I want to say without going into a long history!

Why do our families seem the hardest to deal with? One of MH friends from school brought us dinner tonight and we were talking about that and decided that it's because you can choose your friends but not your family, so of course your friends like you and build you up and encourage you, but isn't that what your family should do too? shouldn't they be your best friend? Shouldn't they be supportive? Uplifting? Helpful?

I should go to bed before I mess up this post more, I wish I could write beautifully the way other bloggers do so I could tell you the whole story or at least get something out that makes sense right now. I am so grateful for my friends but I am so happy that I can say that right now my best friend is my sister, we didn't get along growing up and it has been slowly but over the years we have grown closer together and I am so so glad that she is my best friend, and actually my other friends who live close to me and I thought were good and close friends have all deserted me the past year, so in a way I'm glad that my best friend can't 'desert' me because she is family! I love you Sis! Thank you so much for being there for me, for being my best friend (oh besides my husband of course! my best 'girl' friend).

3 comments:

Marie said...

Sometimes it just helps to write it out, even if you never share it. Don't worry about the deleted stuff, I'm sure you feel better for even writing it.

Glad you have your sister.

donna said...

So sorry you are having a hard time with your family.,

I hope thinks get better for all of you :)


Have a Merry Christmas my friend:)

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what having inlaws like that would be like- so sorry! It just isn't right when your own (extended) family isn't understanding and sympathetic about your situation and the realities of it. I suppose it is a good thing in that you appreciate the good in your life even more etc.