So after being in ICU for two weeks they move me to a regular floor, while I was in ICU my dad made me a poster of different dogs since I was beginning to love my dog, see it was last summer that my brother-in-law left and we took over Chugs care, we would go on walks every night and if I had to take a break to cough or catch my breath Chugs would sit by me or even put her paws on me to make sure I was okay! We started calling her my 'CF dog' because even if I was in the other room she would come running to me if I was having a coughing fit. So while I was in ICU my husband was talking to his mom about how attached I was getting to Chugs and that he was afraid that when his brother came back if he took the dog back I would be heart broken and after being so sick he didn't want that! They were also lonely because they had grown attached to Chugs when they lived her as well so they were missing having a dog around. Well I didn't know but they bought two Puggles! One for me and one for them! (story continued in a second).
After being on a reg. floor for a week I went home! it was the thursday before labor-day weekend I think and the day before (or the day of actually) my in-laws flew in. My husband kept telling me he had a surprise for me, I thought it might be some article of clothing because he likes REI and I thought he had ordered it off the internet because he said it would be coming that weekend. Well we go out and have to meet this guy at Krispy Kremes! What does he bring? two little puppies! as soon as he opened the little (and it was little and he stuffed both puppies in there! I felt so bad for them!) one shot out, the other was more shy, I wanted that one, I'm a shy person, they were also very thirsty and my puppy made funny noises when it was breathing so I definately liked it more because I sometimes make noises when I breathe! We looked up girl dog names on the internet and went down the list when my husband said 'Texas' we both went that's cute, okay. And that is when Texas entered our family, and my in-laws took her sister 'Annie' back with them (down to Texas actually, we are both from TX just different areas). Here are some pictures of them the first day we brought them home.
This is the first night, I was in my bed and my husband brought her in and she fell asleep in my arms!
They both loved the pool!
The top two are the ones we got, this is the picture my in-laws got before they bought them.

1 comment:
I'm glad you have your dogs. It seems like they bring you a lot of joy. It's neat that animals can do that for people.
Post a Comment