Sunday, August 5, 2007

I'm back....

Home again after a brief stay in the hospital, it was uneventful, that's what we like. I'm not a very open person and so I am hoping that this will help make me a more open person since it is not face to face. But then sometimes I get nervous with too much imformation but then I say oh well sometimes too! I mean if everyones blog was invitation only I would have 1 blog friend! So I'm so greatful that so many of you have great blogs that are open.

Alright some background on me..... I am 27,F,Married for almost 5 yrs., We are currently on hold with LDS Services for adoption, we have two of the cutest dogs in the whole world! My husband is a student I am a cosmetologist though currently not working. I was born with Cystic Fibrosis it is genetic and I will let you google it to find out more so I don't make this a super long post, in short it affects my pancreas and lungs, we have and produce thicker mucus than the normal person so our ducts get clogged (like the pancrease, that's why it doesn't work and we take enzymes to help us digest food) and we cough a lot more than others! It also means that if we get a cold it could very quickly turn to pneumonia because of the mucus, we have to do treatments every day to help thin and cough the mucus out. That is usually what I am doing when I read blogs.

I wasn't expected to make it to my teens, then out of my teens, now the average life span is 36 yrs. I had been doing very well until I got married! a month after we got married I was on a ventilator and they told my new husband I had 24 hrs. to make it out. I did but it was rough for a little while, then we had about 2 good years and applied for adoption, got approved and have been waiting until just about a year ago I had another really bad spell was on a ventilator for a week and then another week in ICU, since last August I have visited the hospital about every three months, I had a lobectomy (removal of the upper right lobe) done in Feb. in hopes of helping my little problem. I have massive hemoptysis (coughing up blood) my bronchial arteries will bleed and I will cough up blood, sometimes so much they have to intubate me to control my airways, they usually do an emblization and clot off which arteries they think are the problem (I have had over 15 embolizations).

I have found blogging my new passion because I no longer work or run errands and can't take care of my house the way I would like, blogging lets me know that there is still life going on out there. I hope to make some friends out of it as well and I think I can already feel some (at least I hope so). I will try and be open and fun. I can't wait for my camera so I can post pictures too. Hope I'm not too boring since I really don't do much during the day, I think this will be motivation for me as well, do something so I can blog about it!!!!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh man! I'm sorry! Hearing stories like that really makes me put my daily trial in perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Lucy said...

Wow. That is rough. We had a family in my last ward that had two cystic fibrosis family members and I observed how much it consumed and directed their life. But, they were the most optimistic and spiritual people I've ever known. I think you must be a very strong spirit to endure so much and be cheerful. You come across as cheerful to me in your comments and in how you write. Not "yay...yippee!" but not someone who has given up either.

Thanks for sharing. I hope you contribute often.

donna said...

Wow i am so sorry. I really don't know a lot about cystic fibrosis . I am going to google it. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us.
Big hugs D

michelle said...

I linked to your blog thru Donna's blog. I am so sorry about your not feeling well. I think it is so wonderful that you have found blogging! I love the world of blogging!