Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snow, snow and more snow!!!!



We have early morning church (okay only 9am) and when we left there was at least 6 inches, at least we only live maybe a mile from the church (and it's downhill) so we made it to church with only minor slipping. While we were in church for only two hours it snowed another 4 inches or so, they canceled Sacrament meeting and told everyone to go home, that is easier said than done! we tried one way and couldn't make it up the hill so we went the other way and barely made it home (I was thinking maybe I should catch a ride from our neighbor who has an SUV!) although we couldn't make it up our driveway! I feel bad for the people that live at the top of the cul-de-sac because they have a car and I know it won't make it!!!!!!!!!



My husband of course loves the snow, loves shoveling the snow, he was out helping to keep the sidewalks around the church clear (it was very hard though, just a lot of snow!). These pictures were taken in the afternoon after it stopped snowing and warmed up a little, that's why the sidewalk looks so good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe the snow from this morning- it just kept coming and coming. I love to shovel snow as well- but today it would have felt like fighting a losing battle.

the splendid life of us... said...

I am SO SICK of the snow! My philosphy on it has always been, "If I want snow I will go to it!" But on the bright side it is so beautiful!

donna said...

6 inches!!!! wow that is a lot. We also got snow last night. But only 2 inches. All i can say is NO more snow! :)
Have a great Sunday!

Chrissy, said...

I know what you went through!! I still love it! But I'm ready for spring to come perfect 60's and beautiful flowers for next week! In my dreams!

Kelly said...

Everyone says "the snow is good because we need the moisture." My good sense of humor and charitable apologies for the snow would be long gone by now, beauty or no.

I was a nervous wreck driving in it this Christmas.

It's 78 and muggy here today, not to make you jealous or anything.

Marie said...

Two words: Snow Tires.

Rossano said...

Ha ha
I'm so jealous :D

Unfortunately there's no snow where I live :(.