So I've been wanting to write this post for a long time I just have been having a problem putting it all together so I hope that by just starting to type it will all work out.
I've never had a problem with setting and achieving goals before, I never really did anything big for the 'New Year's' goals, just the normal stuff, but this year has been different. I set some goals and really they have been goals that I have been setting over and over. Maybe they shouldn't even be called goals, just things, habits really that I want to incorporate into my life. I would write down what I want to do and the list would be pretty long, but really easy, but then I wouldn't do them and then I would feel bad. I would start over, list them again, maybe I should only start with a few I say, but when I look at them they are all good and easy things to do, so why can't I do them????? And I have wanted to do blog things like TTA and the 52 blessings stuff, but I haven't been a good blogger!
I also think that for certain things I go all or nothing, like the word of the month I think I went overboard on that (on the blog at least). But I do like the idea of blogging about stuff, like the book I just read, I wanted to blog about it so bad, there was a lot of great quotes. But then it would have been a lot of long posts and going overboard again.
So I have decided that I would 'check-in' with different 'goals/habits/projects' that I'm doing so that will encourage me on! Here are the things I will post on:
~Cross-stitch, I will take a picture each week to document the progress, I will explain with my first post.
~Book, whatever book I am reading I will do some quotes from.
~Hymn/Scripture, I really want to memorize one each a week.
~Dinner, I need to plan and make one dinner a week ( I know it sounds silly to the rest of you).
~52 blessings, a blessing a week post
~TTA, I will attempt again (although I swear I don't get the emails sometimes)
~Flashback Fridays, my made up one where I share a picture from my past
I will do something everyday (some are obvious which days they are on). Am I already setting myself up again? This means I need to blog everyday, maybe I shouldn't have something everyday. See when I am feeling okay like I do know it seems more doable, but if I have a bad day (or days) I will get behind.
Am I setting myself up to fail again?
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck! I'm sure you can do it if you really want to.
I think they sound like great things to do. Don't put to much pressure on yourself. I'm not to into being to scheduled. Sometimes I wake up and just don't feel like it! Last summer I had this great Idea of doing something everyday with the girls. Like go to a pool on Mondays do a craft together on Tuesdays and such. It just didn't work out we went and a lot but some days we just needed to take a break. Going to the pool on a Tuesday was just as fun for the girls. Good luck I'm sure you'll do great.
All I can say is do the best you can do and be happy with it, don't get down on yourself if you don't blog everyday. You are amazing and inspire me in so many ways.
Post a Comment