Thursday, February 28, 2008

Word of the Month....

c Bead Letter H O I C is for Ceramic E
My word this month is Choice and I just want to dedicate a post to it this month since I haven't so far. It's a pretty strong word, means a lot in our lives because everything is our choice! We choose everything. The biggest thing it means for me right now is that I choose what I do during the day, I choose what to watch on tv, I choose to be on the computer, to blog or not, to read blogs or conference talks. Sometimes it feels like I don't have a choice, I don't feel good and can't read or do anything else and therefore watch tv, but I still have a choice!

I think that every single day you have to fight Satan and make choices between good, better, and best, I think that if we aren't aware of this then we are agreeing with Satan because it's hard! Every single day you need to be aware of what you are choosing and if it is the BEST choice.

I am not saying this because I am good, I am really really bad at this, it's so so easy to be lazy and let the day fly by, that is Satan! he wants life to appear easy and fun, it's not! it's HARD!!!!

Hopefully this made a little sense, I don't know if it did, I am just more aware of my everyday decisions and that I am not making the BEST ones I could be. I love this talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks from Oct. Conference '07 called Good, Better, Best...

2 comments:

kelly said...

what a great "choice" of words. i love it!

Marie said...

The good, better, best decision is tough sometimes. Great talk though.