Wednesday, February 13, 2008

a lot of 'ketchup'


Okay totally lame....HaHaHa, not even funny Ro!!!!! I do have a lot of blog catching up to do though, I finally took more pictures and will post everything I been meaning to post. And although I feel like some of these deserve their own post I am sorry but just putting everything here....

My sister sent me a wonderful box of gifts, 3DVD's, chocolates, lotion, a clipboard that I should have taken a picture of, she mod podged it with pictures of my niece and nephew and dogs!!! then made lists like 'calls to make' 'to do' 'shopping' etc.. so so thoughtful and just what I needed! Also she included these William Sonoma Marshmellows, she knows I have cocoa every morning and like marshmellows. They were different I must say, they were cool because they were square and I can't really describe their taste, just different than a regular marshmellow! Thanks Sis!!!!



My MIL made this hat and scarf for me for christmas.....lets just say the hat makes a great shower cap!

Have to include a dog somewhere right? This is how Texas looks everytime she goes out, she loves to dive right into the snow and eat it! She always has snow on her when she comes back in.

This is one that deserves it's own post, I got some unexpected 'good mail' and it came at the best time, I had three really really bad days and this came totally lifted my spirits, I have been doing good ever since! Hannah made me a 'needlebook' and I love it soooooo much! I haven't posted on it yet because I wanted to put my needles in it, then I said oh well let's do it, I went get my embroidery needles at least and of course there is only one! so at least one of my needles has a home right now, and hopefully this will help me not lose so many needles! Thanks so much Hannah you are so thoughtful and nice.


I am such a great wife! The sunday I posted about all the snow my husband of course was out shoveling a lot and his shirt got all wet, well he tie bled! I honestly thought the shirt was a goner but I love the laundry stuff I had and wanted to see if it could get this out (I don't know why I even had a little doubt I mean it gets grease, lipstick, baby stuff, anything out!) I sprayed and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed (think of the song 'pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked) it was disappearing! but boy it took a lot of rubbing! I had to take several breaks, what a workout! But hey, the shirt is saved!




I participated in a 'Love Swap' for valentine's day, I got mine today so fun! of course it was filled with lots of goodies but the most exciting for me where the cards! I see them all the time on blogs but have never had my own, now I have cards with an 'r' on them and the envelopes are so awesome!!!! Thanks Holly!




Let's talk about Texas again, if she needs some attention and you don't give it to her this is what she does...takes the cushions off the sofa...isn't that what kids do? This day was actually the second time she did it, thought I better get pictures this time. (UPDATE: I just looked in the living room and the cushions are off the sofa, looks like I need to stop blogging)...


I can't remember if I posted these but I made some 'gift tags' for our VT ladies, I embroidered one side with the to/from and names and then sewed it onto some christmas fabric...

This was also back in December I made some little booties for my friends baby for her blessing dress, it had a little pink in it so I put the pink ribbon...

5 comments:

Marie said...

Wooo! That is a lot of Ketchup!

I can't belive you had the stamina to get that stain out of the shirt. What detergent did you use? I must buy some!

Great goodmail too. So much fun.

Happy Valentines Day!

Emilee said...

it looks like you have been very busy. Good for you. I am glad that things are going good.

kara jayne said...

The Ketchup is so funny!! As far as compressing pictures it is so easy, and I have a Mac. you just highlight the picture in iphoto, go up to the file menu and choose export. For kind choose jpeg, for quality, I choose medium (still looks fabulous on a screen and could be printed into a 4x6 well) and for size you can do either med or large. Either way, the file is WAY smaller than uploading the original image. Then I usually just send it to the desktop because once I upload it to the blog I trash it. Of course the original is in iphoto still anyway. HOpe that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. My email is in my profile!!

donna said...

wow thanks for the updated:)

What wonderful good mail you got:)



You will stay nice and warm in your new hat and scarf:)

Anonymous said...

That is a lot to catch up from. The marshmallows look so good- what a thoughtful gift! So glad you liked the needle book- I should have put a few in there for you before I sent it.

Glad you are back to posting.