So I had typed the previous post up, wanted to add more but of course had dr.'s etc... come in and it was ICU so busy, I wanted to share more of my feelings of what happened, but that would have been a long post.
As for today they got more x-rays, if the air in my lungs is pretty much gone they will do the procedure this afternoon, if not we have to wait because it will do no good! But at the same time we can't wait forever because my body isn't responding to chest tubes like it should, the dr. said he's had patients with chest tubes for weeks! I do have a tear in my pleural wall which will just continue to do somsething, produce fluid etc... everytime I cough and move. So that's not good.
I also cough alot because that is part of Cystic Fibrosis! we produce more and thicker mucus (which is why the little chest tube keeps getting plugged) and therefore our cough is deeper and junkier, some people can identify us because of our cough!!!!!!!! So that doesn't help all this or the pain issue. Aaahh life in the hospital.
My husband has stayed with me since wednesday (although he did go home this morning to change etc... he didn't have any clothes with him when he came up since he came straight from school since it was an emergency!) this is the longest we've left the dogs, so they have been in a pen for two days! we do have a friend going over and taking them out two or three times a day and feeding them but they are so not use to being in the pen! they are spoiled little girls who are free all day, I know they are just dogs but I feel bad nonetheless, hopefully I will be home soon and things will be more normal.
I hope to post tomorrow and say everything is good, the procedure went well and not as painful as expceted (they say it's very painful) I just really pray and ask anyone to pray for me that this procedure will work the way it is suppose to and that I will not suffer any side effects or have anything go wrong with the procedure.
Take a deep breath for me!:)
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ro, my prayers are absolutely with you. You are such an incredibly strong and amazing person and I love you. Thank you for all that you continue to teach me. I know that the Lord is with you through all of this although at times it may seem as if though you are very much alone, He is always there. I do know that. My prayers are going your way.
Oh my goodness, I can't believe what you are going through! You are in my prayers!
I have been checking for an update...I hope you are doing ok
Keep hangin in there. My prayers are with you always. I hope you are ok.
Post a Comment