Friday, June 20, 2008

Pneumothorax #3 #4 #5 #6

This was typed up Thursday June 20, 2008
Yes you read that right I have had four episodes of Pneumothorax since Tuesday evening to Wednesday morning, my chest tube kept getting clogged and I would then have air fill my lungs and it would get really hard to breathe, I know I am making it sound much less serious than it was, the very first one (or #3 in this case) was so horrible they almost had to intubate me, luckily one of the dr.'s came in and did a special thing to the tube and all the air came out. It is amazing how that feels, one or two seconds earlier and you can't breathe, then you really do feel like your lung is expanding and you can breath again!

So after this happening a couple times that night they sent me to ICU then the next morning it started happening again, they decided to put in a bigger chest tube (can we say PAIN!!! bigger may mean better but it also means more pain) they were planning on taking me somewhere when within ten mins. I was calling them again telling them I couldn't breath, then they set stuff up in my room and in twenty mins. the tube was in and they were taping up!

It is more painful but a lot better than not breathing! They want to do a cat scan but I can't lay flat so we'll see what they do, also I don't know when they will 'glue' my lung now, the less air that is in there the more effective it will be.

So I am still in ICU but feeling good enough to blog! Well that's all for now it's nap time!

No comments: