Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Priesthood Blessing...

Today started out rough, no sleep whatsoever, I hate laying there all night awake but not enough to get up and go watch a movie (although I did turn on my iPod and listen to music) I turn over every hour and looked at the clock, man night can go by so slow! (maybe I need to include that in my previous post!!) I did fall asleep shortly after 6am but just startled myself awake because I thought the alarm didn't go off and MH would miss school, I turned over to look at the clock, it was only 6:30 I had an hour before the alarm went off!!!!

When the alarm did go off I could have stayed in bed but I felt so bad that I knew I had best just get up do my therapy eat breakfast and go back to bed and hopefully I would fall asleep since I had been up for a little bit, I rested (notice I didn't say sleep) for two hours I did feel better but I wish I would fall asleep, took a shower and that totally drained me, then as the afternoon progressed I just had a hard time breathing, I tried to take a nap, again I kinda rested but my face was sweating even though I had the fan on. Finally my husband comes home from school and that always helps me, he could tell I was having a hard time breathing, we were talking about if we think it is pneumothorax and if we need to go to the ER for an x-ray to see.

I was having a hard time eating dinner, I just didn't feel like I could breathe while chewing! So we decided we should go in, I asked for a Priesthood blessing and our good friend and neighbor came over to assist MH, it was so wonderful (like any of the aren't?) in the middle he said '...that your symptoms will be gone and you will have a feeling of comfort and peace..." and immediately I felt my lungs open up a little and I could breathe a little better, my heart also slowed down (it had been beating fast for a couple hours) and a feeling of comfort and peace came over me, no this isn't a 'I was healed' story but a miracle in my life nonetheless, my lungs still hurt and it's still hard to breath like it's been for the past couple days, but not worse than it's been, so we will wait and see if I get worse then we will go in but after the blessing you could just tell I was different, a lot more peaceful and calm and breathing just a little bit better.

I wish I could share everything that was said in the blessing but that is in my personal journal, but it's amazing how the Lord knows you personally and what's in your heart and what your mission in life is. I have been praying to know what I am suppose to be doing to fulfill my mission on this earth because I have been told in other blessings that I will not leave this earth until I have fulfilled my mission so there is still something for me to do, I got an answer to my personal prayer a couple weeks ago and it was confirmed tonight in the blessing, at least I know a little something of my individual mission.

I just wanted to share this along with my testimony, I know just as Joseph B. Wirthlin knows that:
"God’s love is complete and without limit for you and for all mankind. He is perfectly just and merciful. He is perfectly kind and understands your circumstances and condition. He knows you better than you know yourself.

Because your Heavenly Father is perfect, you can have complete faith in Him. You can trust Him."
Joseph B. Wirthlin, “Growing into the Priesthood,” Ensign, Nov 1999, 38

I too know that God's love is complete and without limit for me and for you, I too know that He is perfectly just and merciful, He is perfectly kind, I too know that He understands our circumstances and condition, He knows what we are going through! Elder Maxwell has told us that in addition to "coping successfully with those of life's challenges....there are also our customized trials"* And they are customized because He knows us better than we know ourselves, He knows how to help us develop our character to be like the Savior. I too know that because our Heavenly Father is perfect we can have complete faith in Him, we can trust Him, He's perfect!!! He will not give us anything we can't handle or learn from! It's all for us, so we need to place complete faith and trust in Him as we journey and endure this life.

*Neal A. Maxwell, "Apply the Atoning Blood of Christ," Ensign, Nov. 1997, 22

3 comments:

kelly said...

what an incredible story. i'm always amazed at the power of the priesthood.

Diana said...

This was a very touching post. I am constantly amazed at your courage and strenghth as you face each new obstacle that comes your way.

Unknown said...

You are amazing! I know I keep saying that, but it is true. I neede your insight again today. My kids have been sick all week and grouchy and it's nice to be reminded that the Lord does love me even if I'm not being the most loving person right now.