That's right, I couldn't catch my breath on friday, called MH at school and had him come home and within 15mins. we were on our way to the ER!!!!!!! Once again I had air in my lungs making it really hard to breathe! Oh it is not fun! So transferred me to MICU and put in a chest tube (at that point you replace not being able to breath because of pressure to not being able to breathe because of pain!!) it's funny because you can totallay feel the 'air' escaping! the pressure just releases and I can breath again! Then the numbing medicine wears off and it feels like I have a sword in my side! a day or so later it just feels like a butter knife now.
I thought I might get out on Sunday, then maybe Monday, I'm now maybe hoping thursday! They are going to put 'glue' in there to 'glue' the lining of my lungs to the lining of the chest wall, well I had some air in so they waited another day and then today right before they got an x-ray and guess what? I have more air in my lungs! Also the chest tube has come out a little and for sanitary reasons etc. they can't just push it back in so I get a new one! Yipee for me! Then after waiting all day right before they do it he asks me if I have had anything to eat! Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning! Then they have to wait and make sure all the air is out of my lungs and then they can do the 'gluing', so I think I will still be here a couple days.
But I was able to get a computer again and it's so nice! I wish I had gotten one over the weekend because it made for a long weekend. Oh well I have one now. So I don't plan on getting out until at least thursday if not later.
My little sweethearts came to visit me today, they are so wonderful, although I think I need my sheets changed before I go to bed! It was worth it, I miss them. They missed me too it was nice to see how much they love and miss me.
More to come, now I can catch up on some blogs!!!!! wish I could do pictures!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ro I am so sorry, I wish there was something I could do to help. I hope they are able to get things underway soon and that you can get out of the hospital very soon.
Post a Comment