Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My day today....


Just a little update on me today, I was still having a hard time breathing this morning and by this afternoon it felt a little worse and so we decided to go to the DR. we knew we needed an x-ray to see if there was any air in my lungs.

Can I just insert here and say how wonderful my Dr. is? nobody was answering their phones I called a couple different people and places and couldn't get a hold of anyone (the were all in a retirement party for someone) so I called her pager and she called me back right away (probably because she didn't know who it was!hehe!no she still would have, why do you think I have her number?) and told me to come and she would have the paperwork all ready to go to x-ray, I didn't have to wait at all (I remember as a kid we always had to wait forever for x-rays), then I was thinking we didn't talk about where to meet or talk after the x-ray but the receptionist told me that she already talked to him and told him to take me back to a room, we actually ended up talking for an hour or more and she did a couple extra stuff for us, she is so wonderful! I feel like she really listens and cares about me and my health.

So the x-ray showed no air but I do have some fluid in the left one so that could be causing some of the pain, as for the really tightness and trouble breathing it's probably from acid reflux that stuff is nasty! So hopefully I will be feeling better in a day or two. I did have a little hemoptysis last night so I started back on IV antibiotics, I was off for five whole days!!!!! Time to hitch that fanny pack right up onto my fanny, I was feeling like I was missing something lately! (because for the past 22 weeks I have been off a total of 12 days!).

At least there is no air! No chest tube, No hospital visit. The dogs sometimes sit (or stand?) in the weirdest positions....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and don't have to go to the hospital!

Emilee said...

She really is such a great doctor and would do anything for any of her patients. I am glad that she is so understanding and helpful. It definitley helps when we feel like we are in crisis.