Thursday, March 20, 2008

Word of the Month...


I will share a few quotes I have found on PRAYER and then a story from my own personal life about PRAYER...

Never assume that you can make it alone. You need the help of the Lord. Never hesitate to get on your knees in some private place and speak with Him. What a marvelous and wonderful thing is prayer. Think of it. We can actually speak with our Father in Heaven. He will hear and respond, but we need to listen to that response. Nothing is too serious and nothing too unimportant to share with Him. He has said, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matt. 11:28). He continues, “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matt. 11:30). ~Pres. Hinckley

Family prayer is the greatest deterrent to sin, and hence the most beneficent provider of joy and happiness. The old saying is yet true: “The family that prays together stays together.”
"Prayer is the provider of spiritual strength. Prayer is the passport to peace." ~Pres. Monson


At the end of February I couldn't find my driver's license and debit card (I actually remember the day because it was my Dad's birthday and I forgot to call him because you know how you get when your DL and DC go missing!) I like to put them in my jacket pockets so that I don't have to take my purse into the store since I already carry oxygen, so I went through all the pants and jackets I wear (all three of them!) and no cards, looked through my purse and on my desk, nothing. I didn't think they were stolen since I don't shop a lot if anything I thought maybe they got thrown away because sometimes I stick them in the bag with the receipt. I knew that I could pray for help in finding them since I've done it for numerous things before (cell phones, wallets, the dog, etc...) some answers (like the dog) are answered quicker than others, but the thing that was constant was that I felt peace about it, like it wasn't stolen so I didn't have to cancel them etc... but I really didn't want to go get a new DL! what a pain! plus MH is never home when they are open so I would have to get a ride, well I kept praying and looking (remember we have to do our part) and praying and looking....finally after three weeks! I decide I will search yet again through all my pockets, it was actually the day I was going VT and my companion is so nice and takes me on errands afterwards but how can I run errands without a debit card? MH was already gone so I couldn't use his. So I search, nope not in the pockets I have searched many times before, then I decide to check the skirt that I always wear VT (make the connection?) I FOUND THEM! I must not have used them since the last time I went VT!!!!! and that was way before I even noticed they were missing ( I don't go shopping much) so I never even thought to check my skirt! My prayer was answered and my companion was able to take me to the post office because again MH is always gone during their hours of operation!

Just my little 'lost & found' prayer story, do you have one?

4 comments:

Emilee said...

I have many stories of prayers being answered. One that happened almost 2 years ago. Ben was laid up in bed with a broken leg, we were trying to get papers settled on getting our construction loan to build our house and we couldnt find the folder that had the deed to our land in it. We were both very frustrated with each other. I decided to have the lord help me and honestly within I believe like 10 min. They were found and all was well.

Marie said...

Great story! This will be a good one to hold onto when things get hard sometimes. You can know that Heavenly Father hears you.

Thanks for sharing.

Chrissy, said...

I really think prayer makes a huge differenc!

By the way where are you? How was your easter? I'm thinking your in-laws are in town and not giving you much time to blog??

Happy Easter!!

Wendi said...

Loved those quotes, especially the first one. I should read that at the beginning of each day.