I have mixed my word of the month with my goals because I figure if I learn more about them and concentrate on them more than I will also be able to work on my goal or habit of them too. So PRAYER is something I need to work on and each week I will do a post about it.
Thomas S. Monson's talk: Three Goals to guide you given 2007
“Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing.” Doctrine and Covenants 19:38
Perhaps there has never been a time when we had greater need to pray and to teach our family members to pray. Prayer is a defense against temptation. It is through earnest and heartfelt prayer that we can receive the needed blessings and the support required to make our way in this sometimes difficult and challenging journey we call mortality.
I know I already did a post about last months word: CHOICES but I read a really good talk about it and it explained what I was trying to say so much better so I wanted to quote some of it here, hey it's only the 1st anyway and even though I did get an extra day last month this technically would only be the 30th if it was a regular month!
This is a talk by James E. Faust called Choices given in 2004.
Tomorrow’s blessings and opportunities depend on the choices we make today.
“When you have to make a choice and don’t make it, that in itself is a choice.”
William James, as quoted in Evan Esar, ed., 20,000 Quips and Quotes (1968), 132
“You are responsible for the choices you make. You should not blame your circumstances, your family, or your friends if you choose to disobey God’s commandments. You are a child of God with great strength. You have the ability to choose righteousness and happiness, no matter what your circumstances.”
For the Strength of Youth (2001), 5.
How do we make correct choices? A choice involves making a conscious decision....Making correct decisions involves prayer and inspiration.

No comments:
Post a Comment