Monday, March 17, 2008

Sick dog & Muffin Girl....

That's right a sick dog again (I swear I need to investigate dog insurance) it all started at 2am (why is it always at night?) Texas got out from under the covers and threw up on top of the blanket (at least both dogs always do that, guess they don't want to mess up where they sleep, I appreciate that too) cleaned that up and thought of all the moms that have to clean up after their kids do that and am grateful that I didn't have to change any sheets or calm a crying child, just the top blanket that can be washed in the morning, no big deal, go back to bed. I am snuggling Texas she is leaning on my body pillow and at 4am she throws up on my body pillow!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!! We also notice that her eye is getting puffing and her lips look a little swollen, we give her some Benedryl and try and go back to sleep but I just toss and turn and try to avoid the wet spot. We get up in the morning and she is still swollen, the other eye is looking swollen too, but at least she is walking around and trying to get some peanut butter! My husband takes her in (at least it's not emergency after hours right? it was still $62 for the consultation, I feel that is a rip off! plus everything else let's just say Texas spent exactly what our tax return was!!!!!! I should have done my post on that! Maybe I'll go change it!) She is back now, they gave her a cortizone shot and watched her for a few hours, Chugs missed her sister very much. They are together and we are going to go take a nap now.

As for the muffin girl story....the dogs went outside yesterday and when Chugs came back down to come inside the door was shut and we have a glass door so we could see her and she had something in her mouth, my husband went closer and it was half a muffin!!!!! He grabbed the camera but the battery was dead! It would have made such a great picture.... he tried to grab it but she ran away, I don't know where she got it, hopefully she didn't take it from some neighborhood kid!!!! So Chugs eats half a muffin and Texas gets sick? We still aren't sure what Texas had an allergic reaction too we are hoping it is one of her treats and we will never buy that one again, but who knows!

Sorry no pictures, use your imagination!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Imagining a puffy dog and hopefully you getting some sleep, away from the wet spot (blech)! Good luck!

Emilee said...

I'm so sorry that your doggie is sick. Kid or dog, its no fun. Especially the bills that come from it. I hope that you are doing good. It was so good to talk to you the other day.

Lucy said...

Sick dogs are worse than sick kids I think. At least the one year I had a dog, I thought so.

I hope you are all back to feeling good soon.